Setting up an AWS cloud sensor
If you need access to the private AMI image to deploy the AWS Perch sensor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need your company name and your AWS Account ID. Instructions on finding your AWS Account ID can be found here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/acct-identifiers.html
- Navigate to AMI -> Private Images.
- Choose the Perch Sensor AMI image.
- Provision a t3.large instance and choose and choose either Review and Launch or Next: Configure Instance Details to further configure the instance details.Create a new, or choose an existing keypair for the sensor instance and click Launch Instance.
- Once the instance has launched, log into the instance with the username centos and the preconfigured key from the previous step.
- At the prompt type
sudo su perch to invoke the setup.
- Follow the instructions available here for setting up the sensor:
- Choose ens5 for the management interface and vxlan42 for the monitoring interface.