This guide will walk you through setting up basic ConnectWise Automate monitoring with Perch. You’ll need the following on hand to complete the setup:
- Your ConnectWise Automate instance base URL
- Your ConnectWise Automate username and password
In this article, you will:
- Authenticate with the Automate instance
- Configure scripts and map to an Automate company
- Go to the ConnectWise Automate settings in the Perch app here.
- Input the following information into their respective fields:
- Base URL: The URL to the central Automate server (ex: automate.acme.com)
- Username: The user that Perch will use to access Automate
- Password: Encrypted on saving. After you enter it, you won’t be able to see this value
- If you have Two-Factor Authentication enabled for this user via Google Authenticate, copy and paste the Manual Entry Code (that was emailed to the user’s account) into the Google Authenticate Secret Key field.
- Toggle the slider for Allow scripts to be run by an analyst when suppressing an alert to enabled (purple).
- Click ADD SCRIPT and select at least one Automate Script that can be run.
- Repeat Step 2 as many times as needed (you can use the trash can to remove them, too).
- Link the Perch organization with its corresponding ConnectWise Automate client.
- Click SAVE.
- After the authentication has been configured, slide the slider for “Enable log collection” to enabled and click the saveSave icon.
To enable ConnectWise Automate Advanced Monitoring, follow the guide here
Still having trouble?
Reach out to one or our specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org